As a comprehensive knowledge base, the EMIS drug database features a vast range of information on pharmaceutical products and appliances - currently more than 70,000 products and packs.
EMIS drug database includes:
- Generic medicinal products
- Proprietary (branded) medicinal products
- Over 3,000 homeopathic remedies
- Products subject to reimbursement by the NHS BSA (Prescription Pricing Division)
- Specialist foods and supplements listed by the Advisory Committee on Borderline Substances (ACBS)
- Drug tariff appliances and dressings
- Diagnostic and monitoring agents.
EMIS drug database includes prescribing information and product availability within areas such as:
- Nurse prescribing
- Equivalent products
- Pack sizes
- Manufacturers trade prices
- Flavours (where appropriate)
- Drug tariff.