Egton Medical Information Systems Ltd (We or Us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Egton Medical Information Systems Ltd of Rawdon House, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7BY.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Ann Worthington, Director of Quality Assurance.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.emis-online.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Information provided when submitting or updating an ECR via the EMIS ECR Tracker or contacting EMIS support.
- Information provided when creating a user account within EMIS clinical systems.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your phone calls with us may be recorded for training purposes.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about third party goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means, providing an unsubscribe option.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 50 contacts have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, practices in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We provide an unsubscribe option on our marketing emails, which you can activate at any time to stop receiving marketing emails from us. You can also exercise this right by contacting EMIS Central Operations. We do not usually disclose your information to third parties, however if we wish to do this we will inform you of our intentions to disclose your information to any third party.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 or over (except employees of Egton Medical Information Systems Limited ("EMIS") and of its holding or subsidiary companies, advisers and agents and others connected with the organisation of this promotion).
Competition closing date and prize(s) are as stated in the relevant promotional material. The copyright in any entries will be owned by EMIS.
Winners will be notified of their prize within 30 days of the draw date and details of winners will be advertised on the EMIS website and EMIS social media channels following the draw.
Prizes will be forwarded to winners within 90 days.
Winners may be required to take part in promotion activities.
The EMIS adjudicator's decision is final.
EMIS reserves the right to amend these rules and to substitute any prizes with a prize of equivalent or higher value in the event of circumstances arising outside of their control. There is no cash alternative.
Participants will be entered into the competition by the method stated in the relevant promotional material. Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
The winner will be the entrant with the most correct answers or highest score. In the event of a tie, a random draw will take place.
For prize draws, the winner will be the first entry form drawn at random by an EMIS adjudicator.
Promoter: Egton Medical Information Systems Limited. For further information, please contact